Lazily, I woke up this morning. As I meandered through the house, making coffee, letting the cat go out on the patio, reading the news. It hit me. Today was the beginning of the last weekend of summer vacation. Whoa…where did the summer go?
Actually, I know where it went. I have been very busy attending workshops to “hone my craft”. I wish I could have traveled more for pleasure. Sure the week in Omaha, NE was worth it, I learned a lot, but I only ventured out one night. I really need to get out of my comfort zone more often and do things, even if I’m by myself.
Things I’m going to work on this school year:
- Doing my job, and only my job
- continuing my professional development
- letting things go, I don’t have to do it all
- try to get that Clerk designation changed to interpreter in the district
- be open to new opportunities
So bring on the younglings/padawans and let the force guide me. Well…in a week..I’m going to enjoy this last week of no students a little bit longer.